寻找天使

nuffnang

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Parkroyal Hotel Penang - Actual Wedding Day Photography Workshop

When my sister ask me to shoot her wedding day, I start to think about what to shoot. It is her big day and I won't want to screw it up. Before this, I had shoot actual wedding day photo for friends, but it is not so intense and tension since there are lots of photographers there, I mostly just do the kapsiao thing around the place.

This time is different, there is only one photographer --> me. So, there is 0 chance for me to screw it up. So, I really need more practice. Any kind of the photography is the same, the only way to improve is through guidance and practice! Now, here come the headache, wedding day photography is not like landscape, macro or portrait, it needs the whole ambience and environment, plus the bride, the makeup artist, the parents, friends and relatives to practice. Where can I get to practice????

After the "A Day with A Pro" event with the pro - Kevin Chooi. I had him as my friend on facebook, and it is really by chance he is organizing an actual wedding day photography workshop! And the best part is the charges is low (RM120)! Without any hesitation, I directly signup for it.

While waiting for the workshop, I also anxiously waiting for my Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 which I bought from Amazon and having my friend to bring it back for me. While day by day passed, more and more goodies from the workshop! Firstly, Parkroyal Hotel Penang is sponsoring the event by providing the facilities, and we got breakfast and lunch as well!

When the day come (2011-03-27), I woke up early by 6.30am, since I stayed in mainland, after prepared everything, I start to move to turtle island and head towards the hotel at Batu Ferringhi. Too bad I still reach there 30 minutes late and Kevin already started his teaching. Fortunately I didn't really miss a lot.

From the early briefing, it is really open eyes for me, as everything that I had attach to seems like in opposite direction....

My technic: shoot in RAW, half snoot flash, custom WB
Kevin's teaching: shoot in JPG, no flash, AWB

Now, my head really blur. End up I decided to follow the teaching instead of against it. So, after the bride model and makeup artist reach the hotel, Kevin split the group (20 apprentice) into 3 groups. Then, we all head up to the room prepared by Parkroyal for the preparation shooting.

While group 1 is shooting the makeup, me in group 3 is shooting the gown, shoes and rings.

The room...it is pretty spacious since it can fit more than 20 peoples and still have plenty of room to move around.


The gown.


Night gown.


The shoe.


I like this shot a lot.


The ring.


The ring and the flower.


The bed...

Finally, it is turn for my group to shoot the makeup...

Through the mirror...


Makeup in action.

Bride wearing shoe in action...








Waiting anxiously for groom...






Some random shots...




Bonus: Pre-wedding training...:P Thank you Kevin!












Really learn a lot from the workshop, and personally I had learn a lot from Kevin, since the first time at "A Day with A Pro" workshop...

For those in Penang, if you like the Parkroyal Hotel, below is the website and gps coordinate for the hotel.

Parkroyal Penang
GPS coordinate: 5°28'19"N   100°14'46"E

PARKROYAL Penang Resort

Batu Ferringhi Beach, 11100 Penang
Toll-Free Reservation:
Within Malaysia: 1800 220 021

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...