寻找天使

nuffnang

Friday, April 22, 2011

Kapsiao #0 - Prelude

I always thinking, if giving me a chance to start from zero on photography, what type of the classes or training that I'll like to get in the first place. A super technical one? starting on all the different types of body and lenses explanation and its usage? on the field training?

After the first read of the Neil's On-camera flash 'bible', I realize that all this while, I'm looking for a guidance for photography which can be conducted in lay man terms, with no technical jargon and wordings, no poisoning of buying more and more lenses or body upgrade.  A guidance which can teach me more on photography within the limits of what I have in my hand, instead of telling me what I should buy to overcome the limitation.

So, here is this that I'm starting my own sharing group so that people don't need to go through the hard lessons just like myself.

Since I'm not a pro photographer, I won't call the sharing as "sharing", I rather call it "kapsiao". Another meaning of "kapsiao" is "talk cock", or just talking for fun. So, for some of the information that I put in here, don't take it too seriously. :P

As a start, I'll like to do something to clear up everyone's mind first, which I name it as "Photography Myth Busting".

Myth #1: If I have a dslr, my photo will look much nicer.
kapsiao reply: This is like "I can play badminton as well as Lee Chong Wei, if I have his racket". Time to wake up.

Myth #2: The bigger the camera and lens, the better the photo will looks like.
kapsiao reply: This will only make you looks like a pro, sounds like a pro, act like a pro. But the photo......

Myth #3: The more buttons I have on my camera, the better it is.
kapsiao reply: While you pressing all that buttons you have, the scene you wish to take should be gone for N times already...and, I think there are lots of pro photographer out there dreaming for a camera with only one button which can take whatever shots they wish to. :P

Myth #4: I can't take good photo with my camera, I should buy a better one.
kapsiao reply: If you can't

Myth #5: I can take good photo by mimic and follow what the pro photographer doing on the scene.
kapsiao reply: This is like "If I just follow whatever Warrent Buffet is doing, I can be as rich as him". Again, WAKE UP!!! And if you have this idea, please please please don't ever do it, as most likely the pro on a job or assignment will be very annoyed by your action. Just like this one --> Spot the photographer

Myth #6: I buy all the lens available and I can take any kind of photograph.
kapsiao reply: You can buy badminton racket, football, basketball, golf club, but it doesn't make you a pro in all of them. Be a photographer and don't be a lens collector (If you want to be a lens collector, please buy all the Canon mount version, since I'm using Canon camera. :P)

Myth #7: My photo is not sharp, I need the L lens.
kapsiao reply: There is a lots of reason to this, make sure everything has been check properly before you go and burn a whole in your wallet. But I admit L lens will help. :P

Myth #8: It is ok if my photo is not nice, everything can be fix in photoshop.
kapsiao reply: You might want to consider to switch interest from photography to photo editing.

Well, as I said, don't take the answer to seriously. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...