寻找天使

nuffnang

Monday, May 2, 2011

DIY #1: Mini home lighting studio. :P

It has been always my dream to have a studio by myself, the only problem is the wallet is too thin. After I got my own house 4 years ago, I had plan to make a studio using the top study room. Well, with 2 babies and all the works from the company, I don't really have much time to go plan out and implement it. The force is just not strong enough.

This is why in photography, you need crowds, because your peers will apply pressure to you to make you have more motivation to implement something. And thanks to my photography buddy -> ikan and his kapsiaoness, I start to feel the strong force in my heart to make it happens since 2 weeks ago.

After 2 weeks of shopping (with failure to visit a stationery shop for multiple times), finally I have time for my studio building at Labor Day. :P

As I'm not rich bastet who can afford a renovation and installation of all the expensive strobing light and background, I decided to do some DIY (again, infected by DIY enthusiast -> ikan).

Firstly, is the background. As I'm not planning for something big, I decided to get lots of colorful paper:

I bought the biggest piece I can find from the shop and it cost me RM1.60 each.

Second, need to prepare the strobe light. As I have only one flash, so I try with single strobe first. If the result is ok, then I'll stop at there. If not, maybe need to burn wallet already.

Again, since my budget is tight, I reuse my RM30 tripod with velcro strips to hold the umbrella.

The result:

The strobe light #1 with umbrella attached on the tripod.

Single strobe light setup:

I use my workbench as the base, then bought a white cardboard and just let it curve naturally from the wall to the table. To avoid it from slipping, I use the cutting mat to hold it. So, this is a non-tape setup.

The photo result with single strobe:

From the result photo, can see that the light on the cup is not that even where left side is brighter than the right side and can notice the soft shadow on the right side.

So, no choice but need a 2nd light source. The first thing come to my mind is "Yongnuo", lol.....but it will still burn a big hole in my wallet. Then, I saw the Philips tornado essential 18w light bulb in my drawer, suddenly I found my 2nd light source! So, I went to electrical shop and bought a wire extension for the light bulb.
Tada! 2 strobe light. :P

Muahahaha.......:P Saw the 4 cloth clips? I use that to hold different color background cardboard to the first cardboard. :P Now I have my mini studio.

The result:

See, shadow eliminated. :P But having a white background for white stuff is just not nice.....


Now, this looks much better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...